Chiropractors are manual therapists that primarily focus on the health of the spine and nervous system. As we’ve explored in previous blog topics, not all Chiropractors are the same. Some Chiropractors decide to specialize in specific techniques (such as Gonstead, Diversified, Atlas Orthogonal) while others choose to branch off into specific fields such as sports rehabilitation or paediatrics. Therefore it’s important to recognize that a Chiropractic examination that you may receive from one practitioner may be different to the next. Here we will explore a typical examination and one that you can expect to receive when you visit our clinic for the first time.
Your Chiropractic Examination At Vitality Chiropractic Australia
Our Chiropractors pride themselves on providing professional Chiropractic care for all of our clients. This means that when you visit our clinic (not only for the first time) you will receive a thorough and comprehensive analysis. This not only assists your Chiropractor in determining what your problem is but ensures that Chiropractic management is appropriate for you. The Chiropractic examination at Vitality Chiropractic Australia involves:
- A discussion between you and your Chiropractor regarding your presenting complaint. This usually involves discussing the exact location of your problem, what makes it worse, when it feels good, how the problem occurred and if you have tried any treatment to date.
- A discussion regarding your previous medical and health history. This usually involves reviewing whether you have any medical conditions present, family history of health conditions or illnesses, surgeries and more.
- A comprehensive analysis of your posture, muscle strength and muscle symmetry
- A specific palpatory examination of the spine and extremities
- Full orthopaedic and neurological assessment. These tests help distinguish your problem as well as demonstrating whether Chiropractic care is appropriate for you
We hope you have found this information helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic directly for additional appointment or management information. Call 1300-003-777.